If you’ve ever wanted to put your skills to work making a positive impact in the lives of children – now is your chance! Trips for Kids has an immediate opening for a Communications Manager. We are looking for talented, driven individuals to join our team. Be sure to share this and pass it along to anyone who might be interested in the job!
ABOUT TRIPS FOR KIDS
Trips for Kids™ mission is to provide transformative cycling experiences for underserved youth. Our programs aim to build self-esteem, inspire healthy lifestyles and instill environmental values through mountain bike rides, mechanical skills training and environmental education.
Our Marin chapter in San Rafael, CA, was founded in 1988 and primarily serves underserved youth throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, working with over 400 local agencies and organizations. Our most popular offering are our Trail Rides, which are supplemented by our Earn-A-Bike and Mobile Bike workshops, and the Re-Cyclery Bike Shop.
Trips for Kids Marin is also the headquarters for our national chapter network, and has been the model on which over 75 chapters nationwide have been based since 1994. Our chapters have been continuously providing lessons in self-confidence, environmental awareness and healthy habits to tens of thousands of youth through the simple act of having fun on bicycles.
The Communication Manager is a critical new position on the Trips for Kids (TFK) staff, with the overall responsibility for independently building TFK’s brand with creativity and passion, maintaining TFK’s branding in all its facets and growing public engagement with the organization’s wide scope of work. Key aspects include creating informative, inspiring and engaging messaging to brand TFK in the Marin and Bay Area communities and gain the increased goodwill and support of multiple audiences. A primary role of this position is to know and use the latest media tools for TFK’s marketing benefit.
This position will be responsible for generating and formatting all content. Equally important will be to measure and track the success of all the organization’s communication methods (print, digital, website, etc.). The Communications Manager will enforce the TFK style guidelines to maintain a consistent branding look and feel on all of its outreach.
The role requires someone with marketing experience, a love of digital/social media communications, strong graphic/layout experience, great writing skills, familiarity with current online graphic and video techniques, and bountiful creativity and innovation. Experience managing staff and volunteers for content generation is crucial as well.
Ideal candidate will help TFK migrate from its current website and social media to new platforms. This is a great opportunity to create new, efficient systems that will insure optimal and efficient internal processes that support the organization’s outreach.
- Serve as the main online voice and communicator of TFK by directing and managing the organization’s outreach and communications across all media platforms to all of TFK’s audiences: the public at large, business and agency partners, donors, volunteers, media, etc.
- Create and/or edit text and visual content for all communication channels, implement and follow all messages and campaigns through each point in their lifecycles.
- Determine the target audience, message content and frequency of outreach for all communications.
- Track, measure, analyze and report all communications success.
- Manage TFK’s outreach:
- Blog posts and social media
- eblasts creation and distribution
- e-newsletter creation and distribution
- website updates, structural and functional revisions, and content layout/formatting
- Annual Report creation and digital distribution
- all print collateral and social media communications for events and programs
- Respond to and engage incoming requests, queries, and feedback in a timely and professional manner; involve relevant staff to craft appropriate responses and solutions.
- Partner and collaborate closely with program staff to align communications strategy with program activities, and outreach and fundraising goals.
- Educate and empower staff to improve their communication methodologies when applicable.
- 4-6 years experience with marketing, media communications, and website and database management.
- Strategic, creative, analytical thinker with proven history of taking projects from start to finish.
- Expert ability in writing, editing and providing guidance for a range of media materials.
- Well-versed and passionate about cutting-edge social media; experience developing plans involving the integration and measurement of multiple platforms.
- Well organized and efficient multi-tasker who can manage multiple assignments and changing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience with these communication tools:
- WordPress (content publishing/managing/scheduling/editing)
- Email Service Providers (i.e. Constant Contact, MailChimp, etc.)
- Database management (SalesForce, etc.; cloud based preferred)
- Hootsuite or other social network oversight tools
- Print collateral
- Promotional items
- Social media
Icing on the cake:
- Video editing
- Audio editing
- Graphic design
The Communication Manager is a part time position with competitive benefits package, located in TFK’s San Rafael office. Compensation depending on experience.
Provide resume, cover letter and communications samples to:
Kim Baenisch, Executive Director | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls will be accepted.
Learn more about TFK at: www.tripsforkidsmarin.org